Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Neil Young at the Spectrum






I'm a little backed up on my blog postings. I had a lot of wedding work to finish up. I'm up to my eyeballs in pictures and some fun stuff and I have some postings/pictures that I plan to get up here in the next couple days.

In December we saw Neil Young at the Spectrum. Kristen and I had tickets on the floor which usually means you can get as close as you want depending on how early you get there. We didn't get there too early but still ended up a row or two back. As usual I took my point and shoot camera, A Canon G10. This is my 5th Canon point and shoot and my third of the G-series. (I've sold the previous 4 to my friends) These days I'm more into grabbing a full clip/song and posting it on Youtube. (Here's the clip from this show)

I've gotten away from shooting pictures because I usually find it too frustrating. We've been up close and personal for a lot of shows and I've made some nice pictures, but I'm always thinking of the shots I could get if I had my real gear....and proper access. Half of the time I'm doing this on the sly and hoping that nobody takes my camera. I'm finding these days that most of the venues have come to the conclusion that they've lost this battle. Everyone has a 2-3 megapixel on their camera. Everyone is shooting their crappy pictures and nobody is too worried about it.

Now my camera is pretty good, but I'm still so limited by the light and space. Usually when I get home and weed through my soft pictures I can find a couple that I'm happy with. Here are a few of Neil Young from that night. It was a great show and I have to admit being a little star struck when ol' Neil trotted out on the stage. I mean that was Neil freakin' Young.

No comments: