Wednesday, March 3, 2010

For my 57 Facebook Friends...


Greetings Friends on Facebook. Just wanted to let you know that I’ve just created a new Fan Page for Jim Harris Studios. I’ll send out an official invite through Facebook, but I just wanted to post this in advance. Yeah, the guy who has made just one post in the past 15 months on Facebook is now looking for Fandom. Kristen has kept me on top of the Facebook happenings though.

Interesting thing is that at this point and time, I’m actually
Friends with all my Friends on Facebook. I never included my high school or college info in my original profile so everyone that has found me has done so in a very organic way. I only have 57 friends, but as I look through your square face profile pics, I realize that I have a very realistic representation of my friends.


The new Fan Page will highlight my photography in general with a likely emphasis on my Wedding and Event work. It’ll launch in conjunction with my new website which is expected to be up later today.


Fact is, of my 57 Facebook Friends, I have photographed every one of you at some point or another. I’ve shot the weddings of 16 of my 57 friends and with the exception of one or two of the 57, I have photographed your weddings, engagements, kids, anniversaries, graduations and/or portraits. 10 of you have a profile picture that I photographed up now. It’s pretty cool.


One of the reasons I’ve been less-than-participatory in Facebook is because I already have two websites, two blogs, 5 or 6 email accounts, Youtube and a recently added Twitter account. (I have yet to Tweet yet too!) This is my personal blog. Until recently I’ve had it attached to my Fine Art Photography JimHarrisImages website, but since I’ve now linked that site with my business site, I decided to un-attach my personal blog. (So bookmark me and check in from time-to-time)


Hope to see you on the Fan Page and don’t be afraid to say something on there. I’m still playing this by ear and I have no idea what I’m going to write once I get all my Jim Harris Studios propaganda up!!

Love and Peace,

Jim

No comments: